11.12.2008

Looking Under Rocks

Ever work really hard for something
for a year
and end up
exactly
where you began?



me too.

There's something beautiful and haunting to me about when Freddy Mercury sings,
"Why can't we give love that one more chance?"
He asks the question over and over, repeating the words, "give love" and it always makes my heart skip a beat and ask myself how am I giving love in my life or giving something of value to the world.

and David Bowie answers why it is so hard to do,

"Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves."

Shouldn't more of my life entail caring for people? Not just my people.
Love dares me all of the time.
And I chicken out.
Opting to roll a boulder up a hill and be surprised when it rolls right over me.

I know this is probably uber cryptic and I don't mean it to be. I'm just feeling like I need to ask myself some impolite questions and find some answers that I can be proud of.

No comments: