11.16.2007

Christmas Pajamas



Inspired by The Pajama Program, I'm collecting new pajamas for children living in shelters in my area ranging in ages from just-born to 17. There are about 100 children, many of whom have never had pajamas, who will be eating at the Salvation Army on Christmas morning. My amazing fellow daycare parents are donating toys and books, but I decided that in addition to a meal and new toy, each child really should have something warm and clean to sleep in.

I know many of us will be getting Christmas pjs for our kids. If we could each pick up one extra pair, it would make a tremendous difference. If you have my address, please feel free to drop them in the mail and I will see that they are there for the children on Christmas morning. If you are a faraway reader, please think about donating to The Pajama Program whose mission is this:

"Thousands of children go to bed cold and without clean pajamas every night. You can help us wrap our arms around them."

No comments: