2.19.2008

Bless her heart



Thank you Trent from Pink Is The New Blog for this gem. God bless America that's funny. I have sympathy for this woman. I really do. And good for her for being open about post partum depression and for being, I'm sure, a lovely human being. But she lost me though with the dolls.

To be fair, I should disclose that I probably still have a hidden bias against the Osmonds because my sister used to sing the chorus of Go Away Little Girl at me when we were kids in singing contests that she always won, in part because she was always the judge: a pattern I failed to notice until adulthood.

Meanwhile, I always sang this gem from The Archies. It was not a show stopper.

And then, every time, our neighbor Shannon would round out the competition with Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors and we would all get sort of sad and eat chick-o-sticks trying not to cry.

If Marie had some chick-o-sticks, maybe the dolls wouldn't be on her radar.

No comments: