1.21.2009

Air & Simple Gifts

This post is... well...it's for me really.

I want to be able to scroll back from time to time and re-visit my favorite moments in the inaugural coverage. I want to remember how proud I am of my country.
In this time.

Here's a link to the transcript of President Obama's Inaugural Address.

I loved this performance of Air & Simple Gifts.


Cried my eyes out listening to it. It captured everything about the day for me and I've always felt that Aaron Copland figured out what it sounds like to be American, so I love that they sample from him too.

This interactive goes through Obama's Team which for me seems like The Super Friends, The Dream Team, political fantasy football. I am so excited to see this collection of brilliant American minds and hearts. I am not a sports fan, but seeing this interactive makes me understand the enthusiasm of sports fans. I want to be on their team, wear the jersey, storm the field. Sign me up! I keep hearing echoes of my constant prayer, "how may I serve?"



And I loved this moment when we can see how important it is to have leaders who know how to love deeply. As my daughter said, "That's our prince and princess!"
At last.

2 comments:

FCP said...

How sweet and perceptive she is--first he was our "present"- and now our prince.

~ Denise ~ said...

And, it's always times like these in our democratic processes that nudge me to remember, and be so very thankful, that I am privileged to be an American.

Thanks for some cool links. ;)