1.27.2009

Ice Day & Working From Home


I keep thinking about scenes from Snow Falling On Cedars as the water drips down the roof.

I bribed her to take a nap with the promise of snowflake-shaped brownies.





We worked on spelling her name - which she can now do - and unfortunately, she practiced on more than paper when I was drafting a response to a settlement offer.



That's my couch.


Everything is encased and stopped in time, some looking like shiny encrusted jewels and others like Pompeii victims.





I picked up a few things at the grocery last night in preparation including a tiny set of valentine cookie cutters, perfect for playdough.


The tree behind my husband this evening is now in the street.


My tulips sing softly their promises of Spring.

4 comments:

FCP said...

It looks like a cozy sort of Tuesday. The letters M and H on the sofa (clearly) is her attempt to write My Honey Wu. Only a Wu could crack the code however--that and a mom who has seen her share of writing on walls and other taboo surfaces. This apple didn't fall far from the tree.
stay warm! hugs to all.

~ Denise ~ said...

ahh...nice post of crisp air, sweet baby & hubby and beautiful tulips. A song of winter, almost! ;)

~ Denise ~ said...

ahh...nice post of crisp air, sweet baby & hubby and beautiful tulips. A song of winter, almost! ;)

Donna B. Miller said...

What a great day (well, except for the couch). :-) Be sure to have Barry tell you the story of Kristen and the crayons.