3.28.2008

Home Fires

Just as I was closing the laptop lid around 3 am after blogging about taking time to watch my daughter grow, I heard her cry out. When I lifted her out of her bed, I could tell right away that she had a fever. Poor baby. It's been a quiet day and strange to see her so subdued. Thank God for motrin and DJ Lance.

When I was in kindergarten, Mom would buy cheeseburgers on the way home from school at this restaurant in the shape of a giant barn and we would eat on the fireplace while she watched - while we - John Dixon and James Stenbeck fight over women on As The World Turns. I wonder what my daughter will remember about our time at home together.

I just put her down for a nap and turned on the tv while I ate lunch and I'll be damned, Angie and Jesse are back on All My Kids? It's like I never left. They look fabulous and though I am sure a lot has happened since 1982, it's nice to know there are a few constants in the world.

No comments: