3.05.2008

Queen For A Day

I discovered the greatest loves of my life in England. It's where I met my husband, and cadbury chocolate. It's where I found healing in afternoon tea, and trips to the Tate. A quick stop into Marks & Spencer for new black pants and to Boots for sparkly Rimmel eyeshadow and it's time to head out. Ooooh, and to pop into Waterstones to pick up a new Tatler, stationary and Helen Fielding's latest or anything new from Faber & Faber before getting on the train with a scone. I adore England. Rain and all.

The below video reminds me why I love both photography and England, both women in the arts and women in politics.

Last week, I was honored to photograph a longtime mentor of mine. The photos are being used for a stately portrait. I'm comforted to see a pro like Annie struggle with the same questions I had about how to portray a woman of great power and beauty in a world that is intimidated by both.

No comments: