1.13.2008

Potpourri Continued

I was thinking about some old Trisha Yearwood lyrics this morning, "Don't even want a drink. Give me some chocolate and a magazine..." Truely. Few things rival.

I hope that all of you are blessed with one moment a week that is yours - just yours. I'm still working on it. I am thrilled that substantial house cleaning cannot go on in the cottage while my daughter is asleep. This blog would never exist, I would never edit photographs, or bill any time outside of my office if the house was big enough that it wouldn't wake her for me to clean. I look around and there are a million things that I should be doing right now, but it is supposed to be quiet in the house, and that necessity forces me to take some time. This is a great gift to me.



Why is it that we can't just be without guilt that we should be doing something else, absent extraneous factors forcing us to take a breather? I personally put too many contradictory expectations on myself. If you can find a moment, I recommend spending it in one of these super cozy jackets:

.
with a packet of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in your coffee and some magazines. Speaking of which, did you hear that Blueprint will not be printing regularly anymore? This is the last issue for a while:


However, their blog, bluelines, is asking for reader feedback. Victoria is back, but the jury is still deliberating on whether it has the same charm as the last run.

No comments: