12.03.2008

Letting Her Go: A Eulogy

A new post for Skirt!


---------------
I've received many emails and calls about expressions of sympathy. I can't tell you how much that means to me and my family. We've asked in lieu of flowers for donations
in memory of Pauline Faith to go to:

Meals on Wheels
Daviess County Senior Services
Elizabeth Munday Center
1650 West Second Street
Owensboro, KY 42301

If you would prefer to donate online or to a different chapter, you can do so online here:
Meals on Wheels

**As an aside, Elizabeth Munday (for whom the center mentioned above is named) was a great lady too. I adored her and her stories about her travels and visiting with the Peabody ducks. I would be such a different person had I not been blessed by knowing so many wise women who approached 100 years in age ...Aunt Ivy, Elnora Schoppenhorst, Ms. Munday and now Grandmom. My other Grandmother who died in 1995, didn't make it to 90, but she was wise and amazing, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely eulogy. It's easier, of course, when the woman you get to memorialize is as exceptional a lady as your grandmother, but your words certainly rise to the occasion. What luck, and what a blessing to have had a grandmother like that!

Teaworthy said...

It really was like winning the lottery to have her. Thanks for your note.

Hoot said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Your words created an image of a lovely lady, that I wish I had known. Her strengths shine through in you.

FCP said...

What a captivating role model of charm and grace Miss Pauline was for us all.
Thanks for sharing your lovely tribute.
Faye