12.07.2008

Pop-Up Time

The shelving system collapsed in my daughter's closet last week, thankfully without anyone under it. After doing an inventory, it appears that it was the holiday book collection that put us over the weight limit. Even still, you can't have enough holiday books. Right? We are really enjoying working our way though our collection of holiday books, movies and music.


This week, we're turning the pages of:
Christmas At The Zoo.
You Are My Miracle
The Sweet Smell of Christmas
The Grinch
The holiday pop-up books from Robert Sabuda
The Berenstain Bears Trim The Tree
If You Take A Mouse To The Movies {aka The Popcorn Book in our house}
A Snowy Day
The Little Drummer Boy
Snow
Olive The Other Reindeer
Little Tree inspired by the sweetest poem by ee cummings

"The little tree had found his own special place that was waiting for him all his life." Chris Raschka

Here's a lovely list of holiday reading recommendations from SouleMama and another even better one here.

What are your favorite holiday books?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For reasons unbeknownst to me, but that probably have something to do with WORK WORK WORK, I have been digging in my heels on even thinking about baby stuff...until we went to see T's family for Thanksgiving and my brother-in-law presented us with a two-volume collection of Dr. Seuss stories. All of a sudden I'm really looking forward to loading up our shelves with kid books. I will be keeping those links on hand for future reference!

Donna B. Miller said...

Like you, we believe you just can't have too many holiday books. My personal favorite is still Dicken's "A Christmas Carol," but my children's favorite (back when they were small) was "It Smells Like Christmas." a delightful story about a little bear who discovers the smells of Christmas in this scratch-and-sniff book.

Anonymous said...

What a fun list of books you have. I feel like picking one up (and there are no kids in my household). ;-)

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season!

Paz

Anonymous said...

every year (and even until i was in college) my mother would read the same book to my cousins and me on christmas eve - the clown of god by tomie depaola. it is still one of my favorite books, despite the years and varying point of view that i now have.