5.25.2009

Much Needed Time at Home


I gave up on finding the perfect closed storage jewelry box for my chunky beads. Instead, I picked up this blue document box by semikolon at The Container Store for nothing and it works perfectly.


It even had a divider in the packing that I kept to separate colors. I'm excited.


I really want this guy to keep blooming. Fingers crossed.
This is the first hydrangea that I have planted and haven't instantly killed.

Both of my grandmothers were aces at growing huge, beautiful hydrangeas. When I asked them how they do it, they would both just say things like, "oh, you just let them grow." Not true for me. I'm working on it though. I try to summon their advice when I'm watering each night.


When my peony blooms it feels like a gentle reminder to live in the present moment. I used to put off planting in my yard. I would think about how it takes 3 years for them to reach maturity and how we may not be in this house in 3 years. Finally, I gave in and planted thinking that at least the next person can enjoy them. Science tells us that every two years, we replace our entire body, down to the last atom. In some ways, I am the next person, not quite who I was three years ago. Thank you prior tenant for planting them. I really am enjoying them.

Next week -though abbreviated- is filled with depositions and travel. I wish I could hold on to this day a little longer.

1 comment:

The 'Hawk Family said...

Love the "jewelry" box. So much more useful than the ones designed for the purpose.... Great find!