6.26.2009

More Mary!



I am literally taking notes watching The Mary Tyler Moore show's first season on Hulu.
FREAK OUT!
First, it is beautifully done. Ted Knight. The Love Boat Captain. Ed Asner. You can't lose. The blocking and sets make you feel like you are watching live performance.
But Mary's clothes and the furniture in her house are just beyond. I can't get enough of it. I love every outfit she wears in the pilot. I wish I could find more still images to share with you. Here's a few.





What I couldn't find in photos are the super cute boots she wears, and the cool trousers worn with a crisp white shirt, heels and gold necklaces. The masculine cut in a feminine way. Very cool. The fashion is its own character, like in Breakfast at Tiff's or Sex And The City.
And to have a platform on the floor separating the room that doubles as a bookshelf? Eames chairs? The tulip tables?
So cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come to Minneapolis sometime, we will let you throw your hat in the air next to her statue. There are many Mary lovers who still do it!
Cheers, Katy H Gibbs