7.27.2008

Filling Up The Well

A recent trip to the ocean began a much needed creativity refill for me. (I dream of having a sand path to my door someday. It is my favorite place.) I'm trying to find other ways to store up summer magic to get me through the winter months and enrich my creativity. We all must be thinking about this sort of thing right now because the eloquent Ali Edwards had a great post about the same thing and she also provided a link for Keri Smith's book How To Be an Explorer of the World (Oct. 2008) which sounds amazing and you can see a very cool interactive teaser by clicking here.

The same day that I saw their posts, my MIL gave me the coolest book ever - Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit: Learn it and Use it for Life. WOW! I have loved every page.



No kidding, on the same day, I get an email from Skirt! about Marie-Chantale Turgeon who has just published First Thoughts, "a collection of spontaneous thoughts on life, creativity, and being an explorer - a sketchbook, a personal collage of ideas and observations," with Blurb. You can flip through it here and it's a great example of self publishing. Oh the possibilities!


In between loads of laundry and unpacking files today, I tried to pick up articles, finish a short story I began reading earlier in the week and, in general, seek out other inspiration. More on what I found after bath time. My daughter is flying through the house....

No comments: