7.27.2008

Urban Legends & Email Forwards

In between meetings on Friday, I received a call on my cell phone (which doubles as a home line/PDA/email in-box/mommy hotline/all around bat phone). There was no service in the building, so I step outside, lose my grip and wham! the whole thing falls face down in a mud puddle.

So, I tried out the home remedy that I learned about in an email forward (thanks J) and put the phone in dry rice overnight. Sure enough, the rice absorbed the water and the bat phone is back in business. Who knew. I just thought I would pass it on if it ever happens to you, it actually works.

Along similar lines, my hairdresser was doing my hair a few weeks ago and locked her keys in her car while I was there with her. Her husband had another key-less entry key chain to the vehicle at home, so while he was on the phone with her, she aimed her cell phone at the car and he pushed the key-less entry unlock button while aiming it into his phone and it worked! Her car unlocked via remote control. She said she learned about it in an email forward. You just never know. Sometimes, you get Maxine cartoons or slideshows of eagles flying. Every once in a while, you get a forward that saves you some money.

No comments: