10.06.2008

Coming Up For Air



-I've started writing several posts for this blog in one sitting and scheduling the publish dates so that there should be new material even on days when I'm away for work. Plus, it is such a gift when I check bloglines and see that I have a new post that I've forgotten about. A little piece of sanity back.

-The 29 gifts in 29 days project is so much fun and so easy. Give it a shot if you have the slightest interest.

-I'm in love with Bento boxes and have had the most fun searching for the perfect one for each of us to use for our lunches.

-Why is it that some hotel rooms are so peaceful? The good ones have figured out how we live and also, how to have closed storage and clean surfaces. I am working on creating more of that in my home. It has become a bit of an obsession.

After doing some research and finding this great post: zen habits: a guide to creating a minimalist home, my new project it to ask myself in every room and every drawer, "what is essential?"

I love the suggestion in this article that, "the key is to remove the unnecessary stuff." It is a life philosophy.

I have trouble keeping my head above water in the small house. Putting things away and cleaning is a full time job for all of us. My husband is even more diligent about it than I am, and still, so much of our time is spent trying to find homes for things loose about the house. I think I have figured out the problem. We have no storage space and yet, I'm keeping things as though I do.
No more.

It is so so liberating.

What's more, I realized that I was "storing" every emotion that I associate with each object as well. Freeing up space is literally helping me feel there is room for more good things to come into our lives.

No comments: