10.12.2008

This I Believe About Grief

This essay, The Give and Take of Grief, by Michael Newland featured this week on This I Believe is so powerful, I had to steady myself against a wall when I heard it.

With phrases like, "He looked at me, like a dolphin surfacing to look at a fisherman, and then re-submerged when the team took him away to stabilize him," you just have to sit down to listen.

If you can, click the speaker once you are on that page so that you can hear the author read it himself.

3 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

moving. stilling. thought provoking.

Makes me go grab my guys and appreciate today with them!

-thanks!

A's da said...

I have sat here a long time trying to come up with a comment that captures how I feel about that essay. I don't think I have one. Suffice to say that it's the first time in recent memory that I have been so arrested by something I read or heard. Thank you for that.

As A. like to remind us, you're good for our family.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of letting an emotion slide slowly through your fingers until you really experience it and let it settle inside of you. Any emotion really.