10.09.2008

Get Through This

I'm looking under rocks. Taking books off of the shelf. Searching everywhere for inspiration - for anything uplfiting. Everyone seems so depressed. Is it the economy? Are we all just sick of political commercials?

Here's a lighthouse or two making me think about all of the things about life that are beautiful and worth celebrating.
-Everything on this page is like heaven.

-I'm reading Living Simply With Children, though I wonder if I am simply living. I have some work to do in this regard, but it's a nice place to start.




I'd like to make some mini books for holiday gifts. This book arrived today in the mail and it is lovely.


-My sewing machine is back from repairs. Not sure I remember how to use it, but it's fun to think of the possibilities.

Anything inspiring you these days? Know any good jokes?
Is this thing on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the midst of fretting about the election and writing my fingers to the bone, I am fantasizing about getting a postdoc that would have us living in England or Ireland next year. There's a lot of work to be done to make that happen, and a lot of luck that has to turn my way, but I love wallowing in the longing... Don't know if that's inspirational, but it is certainly something to look forward to.

Also, here's a wonderful little sewing project that is manageable, uses very little fabric, and actually produces something useful.

~ Denise ~ said...

I was browsing blogs and came across yours. I guess I was feeling the same way when I crafted my post. Check it out if you'd like to - www.cusmyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for the kind comments AND for this lovely sentiment and link to my blog. Really, thank you.

I'm making some mini books for Christmas gifts as well. Last year my kids all enjoyed them. Also, reading Ali's book as well. Have a great weekend.